Hiking at Ödevata
Ödevata: Surrounded by lakes and nature
To hike around Ödevata is to discover Småland on foot.
The scenery changes rapidly from Småland’s wilderness and deep forest to cultural buildings and open landscape. You can walk long distances on paved paths and winding roads. Or take a leisurely stroll along marked trails. In Ödevata there are many alternatives to get out into the woods and you will appreciate each path equally.
There are six paths and hiking trails around Ödevata. Many of them goes around or along the lakes. The marked trails are between 3 and 18 km long. However, the longest hiking trail goes through three municipalities and is 120 km long. For those who have read Wilhelm Moberg’s “The Emigrants”, it is a powerful feeling to pass through the famous villages and places, such as, Ljud, Åkerby, Långasjö, Korpamoen, Moshult and Duvemåla.
Put on a pair of comfortable shoes, fill your water bottle, take a map with you, and do not forget the basket if you want to pick mushrooms and berries along the way. There are plenty of them in the area!
Winter – Svartbäcksmåla
During winter you can also go to Svartbäcksmåla, which is nearby, only 20 minutes by car. At Svartbäcksmåla there are many different winter activities. For example, there is a downhill ski slope, cross-country skiing trails, a long sled hill, nature playgrounds, and an outdoor gym with an obstacle course. Of course there are also different hiking trails to discover. You will find something for the whole family!
- Ödevata’s Wilderness Trail: Choose between 3 km or 6 km long trails, and the starting point is here, Ödevata.
- Torsjöleden trail: the starting point is 5 minutes away from Ödevata by car. The Torsjöleden trail is 7 km long, or 18 km if you start from Ödevata.
- Bielkeleden trail: 5.5 km long, starting point is 10 minutes away by car from Ödevata.
- Örsjö hiking trail: 5.5 km long, starting point is 15 minutes away by car from Ödevata.
- Utvandrarleden hiking trail: 120 km long and runs through 3 municipalities.
- There are also marked exercise trails adjacent to Ödevata.
- You will receive maps from us at check-in. Feel free to remind us if you didn’t get them.
Ödevata offers you, as an overnight guest, several different types of activities. You are very welcome to book, both at check-in and during your online room booking.
Take a walk through Ödevata or nearby. Or go on a bike ride through our forests. We have compiled some of the most beautiful tours for you on Komoot.
Ödevata’s Wilderness Trail:
Choose between 3 km or 6 km long trails, and the starting point is here, Ödevata.
5.5 km long, starting point is 10 minutes away by car from Ödevata.
The starting point is 5 minutes away from Ödevata by car. The Torsjöleden trail is 7 km long, or 18 km if you start from Ödevata.
Örsjö hiking trail:
5.5 km long, starting point is 15 minutes away by car from Ödevata.