Food & Drinks
Eating well and enjoying life is important to us at Ödevata
Our breakfast offers great variety and gives a good start to the day. Much comes from our aquaponics cultivation, our own garden and our fine chickens. When we succeed with our cultivation, home-grown bananas are on the menu!
During other meal times, you, as our guest, can experience our amazing outdoor guest kitchen in the courtyard and our barbecue areas will be available too. In other words, we offer you the opportunity of enjoying the food that is important to you, at a time that suits you and in the place you want.
Do you like to grill?
- Try our exciting biocharcoal grills! We are happy to tell you how they work and why you would be doing the environment a favor.
- Do not let the weather affect you. We have a tipi, a large tent, with a fireplace for easy grilling and a smaller barbecue hut that all guests can use.
- There are also barbecue areas by the docks and bathing area.
- We care much about fire safety and want everybody to grill and light campfires in the places we specify and not out in the nature, not matter the weather or season.
Time to grocery shop or go to a restaurant?
- In 8 minutes by car, you will reach the nearest grocery store.
- By bike you will reach the store after 35 minutes on a winding beautiful Småland road.
- Glasriket, or The Kingdom of Crystal, has many good restaurants. You can get there by car in minutes.
- Systembolag, or the liqueur store, is located in Emmaboda for those who wish to buy alcoholic drinks.
All guests are welcome to visit the Conservatory of the Future, which is an isolated greenhouse with an aquaponics cultivation system. The kitchen garden also welcomes visitors. And if you’re wondering – the farm animals will be sad if you do not visit them and give them some attention!
We also offer an exclusive dining experience, including a dish with our home-grown Ödevata fish to conference groups that book our conference package EXECUTIVE.
Ödevata offers you as an overnight guest several different types of activities. You are more than welcome to book them, at check-in, via phone or email, and on our website, in connection with your room booking.
Ödevata’s farm grows some vegetables and fruits and we sell them when we have more than what the hotel’s breakfast guests, ourselves and our permanent tenants here on the farm could eat.
Our farm has fresh eggs, fish, vegetables, honey and apple juice. Feel free to ask us about it.
You can easily find eggs, juice and honey in the fridge in the hall next to the breakfast room. You pay with Swish, or let us know what you have taken and we will put it on your bill.
- The closest is ICA Nära Lindås, 7.5 km from Ödevata. You can easily cycle there through the forest, passed Ödevata, Käsemåla, Gusemåla and Lindås. Open every day 08:00 – 20:00
- In Emmaboda there are both ICA and Coop, 10 km from Ödevata. Open every day 07:00 – 22:00
Do you want to shop more local? Here are some of Malin’s favorite places:
- Hällasjömåla Gård, 15 km from Ödevata. We can recommend you a scenic bike route to take. They are a young family, who are organic farmers that sell what they grow and produce on their farm. Often it is self-service there.
- Långasjö Växthus, 20 km from Ödevata. We can recommend you a scenic bike route to take or you can find one on the Komout app. Långasjö sells lots of wonderful plants, but also a lot of vegetables, fruit and eggs.
- Voxtorpsgården, 45 km from Ödevata, eco-farm that sells organic meat.
- Wirbladhs Smedby, 50 km from Ödevata, sells vegetables, and offers self-picking.
- Rugstorps Lantgård, 60 km from Ödevata, a farm that offers activities, and has a cafe and farm shop.
- Bottnansmåla Gård, a farm with a farm shop that sells game meat and “fika”
- Äggaboden is a locals’ favorite place in Ronneby, a very well-stocked farm shop with lots of local products and a fancy restaurant.
- Krukö Viltrökeri, a local smokehouse.