Fishing at Ödevata
Ödevata Countryside Hotel & Fishing Camp: A hotspot for fishing enthusiasts
Fishing is many things. Relaxation. Nature. Outdoors. Community. Anticipation. Excitement. “Fika”. Stories.
Ödevata is the go-to destination for fishing enthusiasts. Ödevata has something for everyone, no matter your age or skill level. Magnus is knowledgeable in both fishing techniques and the lakes here. He is willing to share his experience when he has the opportunity.
There are many beautiful accessible lakes of different character near Ödevata. Everything from shallow clear water lakes to enchanted forest lakes of varying sizes. The fish species are plenty, but consists mainly of perch and pike. A couple of the lakes are also rich of zander.
Ödevata offers boat rental in five of the lakes. Unfortunately, due to popular demand, we only rent out boats and equipment to our overnight guests.
One of the lakes, Ödevaten, is located next to the junction near our country hotel. There are also two ponds on the farm where we offer rainbow trout and crayfish fishing.
Your fishing adventure starts here! Come and create unforgettable fishing memories! Below you can read about the different lakes nearby, so you can book a boat in the lake of your choosing.
NOTE: Our exclusive fishing package is only available from 1 September to 30 April. However, you can still book boats, fishing equipment and such at full price during your stay of at least 2 nights at our hotel during other times.
New for 2021:
- Now you can directly book a boat in your favorite lake when booking your room.
- Personal service is important to us at Ödevata. For 2021, we want to invest even more in our overnight guests. This means, among other things, that fishing and other activities will only be available for overnight guests.
- When booking two nights, you will get a discount on the boat rental. However, this does not apply to HS.
- It is also possible to book a boat at check-in, subject to availability.
- Price: SEK 350 per day/boat.
An electric motor is always included, as well as life jackets and you always get a simple map, bucket with anchor, rope and a shovel. Of course, our best fishing tips are also included.
- Fishing license: SEK 50 – 170 per day/adult
- Fishing equipment rental: SEK 25 – 100/pers
Scroll down for more info on the different lakes to choose from.
Ödevata offers you as an overnight guest several different types of activities. You are very welcome to book, both at check-in and during your online room booking.
Our fishing waters: Natural lakes for beginners and professionals
Thanks to the fact that there are several lakes to choose from, there is something for everyone. Everything from families with children, to the experienced angler. The large selection of lakes means that you have the chance to spend a full day out on the lake without being disturbed.
Here you will find all the information about your fishing adventure, from lake type, depth and size, fish species to fishing licenses.
- Area: 137 hectare
- Max. depth: 6.5 m. Average: 2.5 m
- Lake type: Nutrient-poor woodland-lake,
- Water colour: brown
- Lake bottom: Rocks and mud with vegetation, waterlilies and reed
- Visibility: 1.4 m
- Fish species: Perch, Bream, Pike, Common roach, Rudd, Tench, Burbot
- Size-records: Perch 1500 g, Pike 8,6 kg
- Rowing boat with e-motor: 350:-/day
Ödevatas lakes and ponds
- Area: 757 hectare.
- Max. depth: 8,4 m. Average: 1,7 m
- Lake type: Nutrient-poor lake,
- Water colour: Brown
- Lake bottom: Rocks and mud
- Vegetation: Waterlilies, club-rush, bulrush etc.
- Fish species: Zander, Pike, Perch, Silver bream, Bream, Burbot, Bleak,
Roach and Tench
- Size-records: Pike: 14 kg – caught by our guests
- Area: 213 hectare
- Max. depth: 3,1 m. Average: 1,7 m.
- Lake type: Nutrient-poor clearwater-lake,
- Water colour: Clear
- Lake bottom: Rocks and stone
- Vegetation: Mostly pond weed
- Fish species: Perch, Pike, common Roach
- Area: 194 hectare
- Max. depth: 18,5 m
- Lake type: Clearwater-lake
- Visibility: 4,7 m
- Fish species: Pike, Perch, Zander, common roach, Bream, Tench
- Size-records: Pike: 14,2 kg
- “Put-and-take” rainbow trouts
and arctic char.
- Area: 3,3 ha,
- Max. depth: 8 m. Average: 3,4 m
- 8 fishing piers, 3 of them accessible for the disabled
- Only spin- and fly-fishing allowed, baited hooks are forbidden
- Catch-limit: 3 fishes
- More information: Emmabodas sport fishing club
- Fishing license: SEK 170 per day/pers.
There is more to do!
SE – 361 92 EMMABODA
Tel: +46 47 150 430
Supporting member of:
We are a part of: